Subject: ANNOUNCE - Play, Inc. on the Web!
From: [email-masked]
To: LightWave Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 08:42:17 -0400

Here is some info I just received about PLAY coming to the Web...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

>PLAY INCORPORATED IS NOW ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB!
>
>
>Play, Inc. is proud to announce its presence on the World Wide Web.  
>Just type http://www.play.com into your favorite web browser and visit 
>the web site with all the latest information about one of the hottest 
>companies in the PC graphics, desktop video, and video production 
>industries. 
>
>Play Incorporated is a new company formed by the 1994 merger of three
>groups who created the desktop video industry in the mid-1980s.  They 
>include Digital Creations Inc., Progressive Image Technologies Inc., and 
>eleven senior staff members formerly with Video Toaster-maker NewTek.  
>In addition to developing over 30 successful desktop video products 
>under their own brand-names, Playís staff previously created advanced 
>video technology for Apple, IBM, and Grass Valley Group.  The Play team's
>combined credits include developing Emmy-award winning video technology
>used by all four major networks, as well as creating equipment used in 
>major feature films.  

>Play's first product is the $199 Snappy Video Snapshot.  Snappy is a 
>cool little hardware module that snaps on the back of any Windows PC and 
>captures >video images at record-breaking resolutions up to 1500 x 1125 
>with over 16 million colors.  The product has received rave reviews, 
>"...the latest must have PC peripheral..." says PC Magazine, and reached 
>national best-seller status in less than four weeks. At the National 
>Assoc. of Broadcasters (NAB) annual convention in Las Vegas the week
>of April 10, Play, Inc. announced Trinity, the world's first real-time,
>PC-based, open architecture, no compromises, true broadcast-quality, all 
>D1 digital video production studio.  The $5995 Trinity is a 10 input 
>switcher, a Timeline editor with machine control, two channels of digital 
>video effects, a 10 ns character generator, Paint/animation/compositing 
>software, a dual channel still store, a chroma keyer with transparent 
>shadows, an automated audio mixer, a color effects processor, and two 
>time-base-correctors (TBCs) with true color correctors!  Optional add-ons
>include TriniTouch physical control panels, Trinity Preditor (a dual  
>channel non-linear editor), and Trinity Warp Engine (the most advanced 
>3D digital video effects system ever created).
>
>As with all good Web sites, Play's site will constantly be changing and
>growing, so set your bookmarks and visit often.  The site will contain 
>demo disks, software updates, development kits, and information about 
>Play's wild bunch of employees; including Kiki Stockhammer, our 
>Technology Evangelist.
>__________________________________________________________________
>------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Play Incorporated          (800) 306-PLAY  (916) 851-0800
>   2890 Kilgore Road          (916) 851-0801 FAX
>   Rancho Cordova, CA 95670   (916) 983-3288 BBS
>   USA                        http://www.play.com - World Wide Web
>__________________________________________________________________
>

                                      -David Warner
                                       Event Horizon Graphics

--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]